- Parents are not permitted to drop off students at their classrooms.
- Parents who drive students to school will use the drop off lane in front of the school. The movement in this lane should be continuous. Drivers should only stop long enough to safely allow passengers to disembark. Parking in this area is not permitted. Parents who walk students to school will drop off students at the front of the school or at the cafeteria.
- Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, and First Grade students will wait in the Cafeteria at their designated tables. At 8:10 am students in Pre-K, Kindergarten and First Grade will be escorted to class by their teachers.
- Students in grades 2-5 will report to the patio after breakfast. At 8:25 am students in 2nd-5th grade will be escorted to class by their teachers.
- Bent Tree staff members as well as Safety Patrols will be located throughout the campus to assist student who arrive late.
- Parents are not permitted in the cafeteria for breakfast with the exception of parents of children in the explorer and Pre-K Program (with a special pass).
- The building will open at 7:30 am for student arrival for breakfast.
- Breakfast will only be available for students.
- Before School Care will continue to operate during their regularly scheduled times 7:00 am – 8:20 am. Only Before School Care students will be permitted into the building prior to 7:30 am.
- PK-1st Grade parents will be allowed to go to the designated gate area to pick up their child(ren) every day EXCEPT Wednesdays.
- Parents of students in grades 2- 5 will remain in their vehicles while in the Pickup lane in front of the school. Children will be taken to their appropriate vehicle. The movement in this lane should be continuous at all times. Drivers should only stop long enough to safely allow children in the vehicle.
- On Wednesdays, all parents will remain in their vehicles while in the Pickup lane in front of the school. Children will be taken to their appropriate vehicle. The movement in this lane should be continuous at all times. Drivers should only stop long enough to safely allow children in the vehicle.
All students who are not picked up by 2:05 pm or 3:20 pm will be taken to the office. Parents must park and come into the office to pick up their child.
The safety of our Bent Tree Elementary students is everyone’s job. If students are to be kept safe, everyone (parents, staff, and students) must cooperate by following all school procedures and being patient and cautious at all times. It is important to understand that there is no supervision for students prior to 7:30 am when the building opens for breakfast, unless your child is enrolled in the Before School Care Program. Please remember to use crosswalk when crossing the street.